Monday, February 25, 2008

Dark Side of the Moon

To-morrow I face the prospect of getting up early. I will need an alarm since it will be dark still and the normal early morning rays won't waken me in time. The radio this morning (not an alarm clock) spoke of the following choices of innovative alarms on the market 1) an alarm which drops a screaming model race car on the floor beside your bed which must be retrieved for the squealing tires to stop 2) an alarm that every 30 seconds it is ignored electronically submits a credit card payment pre-signed by you to an organization that is anathema to you eg the Amy Winehouse Cloning Society 3) an orb suspended above your bed which gradually recedes towards the ceiling emitting bright lights and penetrating sounds until you reach up and neutralize it. I think I would prefer to have Pink Floyd in my bedroom ready to perform their classic alarm clock concoction. Anyone see the total eclipse of the moon the other night? I was in Nova Scotia in 1972 to see the one Carly Simon immortalizes in You're So Vain. Thought you might need to know that.