Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Red Patch Boys

The British tabloids are speculating that a Canadian sports empire, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, is lining up a half billion dollar bid for London's Tottenham Hotspur. Oh dear me oh my my. They also own the hugely profitable Toronto Maple Leafs Ice Hockey team who have not won a championship since Elvis was born, or some such far off epoch of time immemorial. Come to think of it neither have Spurs (sorry Andrew, jab on behalf of Neil and Moira). MLSE also own Toronto FC whose game I attended Saturday. I have never seen the likes of an opposition player, pictured, being drowned in streamers to the point of being unable to function. Toronto won their third straight, beating the Kansas City Wizards, in part owing to the projected contributions from the Red Patch Boys. I have not yet been inducted.